If you’re looking to ship your exotic car, then this blog post is meant for you. For car lovers, shipping their most prized possession is not easy. It’s likely you will have several questions regarding the shipping process, the documentation formalities, safety measures, payment methods and much more. In this post, we are answering some of the frequently asked questions when it comes to shipping a luxury car.
- What documents do I need to provide to the shipping company?
Some of the documents that should be provided to the shipping company are as follows:
- A copy of Title or Registration Certificate of the car
- Owner’s full name or company’s name
- A copy of car’s insurance
- Receiver’s name and contact details
- What are the documents prepared by the shipping company?
Different shipping companies function in different ways. At Viamar, we prepare the following documentation:
- Bill of Lading
- Direct Tax House bill of ladings only for dealers
- Bill of lading instructions
- B-13 Canadian Export Document
- In-House Marine Insurance Policy
- Express Release (available on request for a fee for the service)
- What is a bill of lading?
An inspection report of the condition of a car is known as a bill of lading. You need to sign this bill agreeing to the condition of your car stated by the driver. This bill will be available to you at the pickup and also at the delivery location where you can inspect your car’s condition with the mentioned statement in the bill. You should never sign this bill without checking your car at the time of pickup or delivery.
- Which is the safest mode of shipment?
At Viamar, we value your possession. For exotic car shipping, we highly recommend air service which is available on request. We also suggest that you ship one exotic car in a 20ft container or two cars in a 40ft container. These containers ensure enough space to the cars while transiting them from one place to another.
- Can I include extra items in my car?
Most shipping companies don’t allow extra items to be kept in the car during the shipment. The reasons are as follows:
- Extra load in the car could cause damage to the vehicle during unloading and loading.
- Neither the car owner’s insurance nor the auto hauler’s insurance covers the loss or damage of personal possession inside the vehicle during its shipping.
- There is a weight limit for the auto haulers. Any personal item kept in the car during the shipment will increase its weight which can be risky for the auto haulers as it could lead to fines and undergoing other delays.
- What form of payment is accepted by the shipping company?
Different companies have different payment and refund policies. Generally, credit and debit cards are preferred modes of payments. To get a clear idea about the shipping cost of your luxury car with us, you can request a quote.
Shipping your exotic car will be easier if you are aware of the rules and regulations of the company that you have chosen to ship your vehicle. Make sure you choose the shipping company based on good ratings and references for seamless transportation of your car. For more information on your exotic car shipping, contact us and we assist you.