In our previous blog post, we discussed the factors on which auto shipping quotes are based. We also emphasised the importance and benefits of quotes when you’re planning to ship your vehicle. For this post, we’ll continue to guide you through the essentials of getting a quote and turning it into the best deal for you.
How to Get Multiple Shipping Quotes for Your Vehicle
You need to ask an auto shipping company for a quote to transport your vehicle from one location to the other. Contact as many companies as possible to look through multiple quotes before you decide on the best deal depending on your budget and needs. Obtaining auto shipping quotes is easy. The following steps will help you get multiple quotes.
- First off, make a list of reputed and popular shipping companies that operate on your desired route.
- Check their websites and start filling up their online forms with your information. Usually, these forms require your contact information, vehicle information, insurance information, and the location of the vehicle’s pick-up and unloading destinations.
- After you fill up the information and submit the form online, the company will respond to your query within a few hours or days.
- Visit each website and repeat the process to get shipping quotes from each company.
Note that there are also certain websites that can provide you with a huge list of free quotes from potential auto shipping companies for you to compare and choose from. If you use such websites, then look through their quotation list and write down your preferred companies. However, the quotes obtained from these websites aren’t always accurate. To be safe, visit the actual websites of each shipping company and cross-check the quotes by filling out their online forms.
How to Determine the Best Auto Shipping Company
After you get the quotes, find the one that offers a wide range of services at the best prices. Also, make sure to check out online reviews by real customers to verify the reliability of that specific shipping company. When going through the reviews, try and identify customers who have shipped their vehicles similar to your routes through that company. Check out multiple review platforms to get an unbiased and honest picture of the company.
Remember to go through the insurance coverage and practices of the company thoroughly before signing any contract with them. If a company doesn’t provide you with a detailed review of their insurance policies, it isn’t an ideal service to hire. Verifying the registration certificates or the licenses of the company before signing the contract is also a critical step when determining the best auto shipping service for transporting your vehicle.
Additional Tips to Save Money and Time
- Once you decide on your preferred auto shipper after receiving the quote, make sure to read their FAQ page, terms, and conditions. If you have any questions, call them and ask over the phone. Stay informed to avoid paying more and wasting time.
- Prepare the necessary paperwork and your vehicle according to company guidelines. If you’re not sure how to prepare your vehicle for shipping. Remember to ask for the guidelines of your selected company.
- Check out the different value-added services (additional services) offered by the company. Based on your convenience and car safety, you can choose any of these services to make the most out of the deal.
- For overseas shipping, opt for RORO shipping option to save money.
- Inquire about discounts. Some of the commonly offered discounts are for seniors, college students, military, multiple cars, early booking, etc.
We hope you have found this post helpful when searching the best deal for shipping your vehicles. Choosing the right auto shipping company is a challenging task but now that you know the important factors to consider, you can make an informed decision. Contact Viamar Scilla Transport International Inc. for a free quotation today!